Saturday, March 31, 2012

Rhyming Words---Bookr


For my story I chose to focus on rhyming words.  I developed a very advanced book using Bookr on another topic and attempted to publish it...it failed and in turn lost my entire book.  This was my second attempt.  It worked with the shorter book so I assumed my first book was too long.  This website was very exciting for me at first.  I was so motivated to use it.  There were many different actual photographs that were so much more interesting than an average clip from clip art or image from google images.  In this respect I really liked this technology.  I see my students easily navigating through the website, but I do wonder if the website is trustworthy...will they feel as frustrated as I did...does it lose work often?!  If not then I believe they would truly enjoy working with this type of tool.
In the case of this book I developed a short story for very young students (kindergarten).  I wanted them to be exposed to rhyming words in an interesting way.  MY OBJECTIVE:  The students will be able to identify all of the rhyming words within the text through oral response with 90 percent accuracy.  I think that students would love hearing this story as I would present it first.   Next, I think they would love following along with the rhyming words and speaking them with me while they enjoy the real life photos :).
Jen and her Hen

1 comment:

  1. If Jen's hen keeps pecking and bawking, she prefer having a wren to a hen.

    ReplyDelete